Mann- Centre for individuals with special needs.

Monday 30 June 2014

Zoya and Sakhi.. What a combo...

Here comes another story straight from the lens of my camera and the heart of my body.
On the 12th of last month I shot with the Pond’s Femina Miss India International 2013, the talented star of movie ‘The Xpose’, Zoya Afroz,
This time around she is going to be on the cover of the magazine Sakhi. This was the third shoot with her I have done. I must say with Zoya, each time it just gets better than the previous. The first time we shot was three years back. And then again recently about six months back. She is just such a hot personality that to portray her any different becomes a challenge. I love capturing this radiant damsel in a traditional avatar. Her mother in fact insists that all her daughters pictures in Indian attire clicked by me are the best she has ever looked in Indian. Thank you aunty, it is her hidden inner beauty that touchwood I manage to bring out through my pictures.
On a personal note, I think we get along really well, Zoya and me. We are more friends than just two people working together. All the shoots with her have been more of fun than work. In an environment of this sort it becomes easier to work and the inflow of creativity is so much free which eventually the outcome is amazing and satisfying always.
For this shoot, for the cover of Sakhi magazine, I've tried to give her a red carpet look. I have used a maroon backdrop to add to the grandeur. A cover is the first impression one has of the magazine and is the only bit that a buyer will look at and get convinced or not to buy it. Hence to be able to appeal to that view, I’ve added steps to pull in the audience into the whole feel of being at the Oscar or Cannes. So this is something that I perceive Zoya, ki jab woh Oscar main jayegi, toh she'll be dressed something like this. For me this is her superstar look that she will I’m sure adorn soon at International award functions.
Yet another waow experience. So Zoya, see you soon for the fourth adventure??


No comments:

Post a Comment